Roundtable on Social Media and Patient Engagement
This roundtable will discuss the uses of social media for patient engagement in education, advocacy, research, support, and health management.
- Deborah Jenson, Duke University, Moderator
- Lauren Stiles, President, Dysautonomia International (http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org)
- Jared Heyman, Founder, CrowdMed (https://www.crowdmed.com)
- Emily Cardwell, Founder, Facebook Groups “Once a Nurse” and “Hyperadrenergic POTS Support Group”
- John Stamler, member, Board of Directors, former Executive Director, Ben’s Friends
Co-sponsored by Duke Digital Health, Duke Syncope and Dysautonomia Clinic, Bass Connections, the Franklin Humanities Institute and mHealth@Duke.