Duke Digital Health is always on the lookout for talented and driven people!
We post all open Center positions, including student internships, here. We also cross-post opportunities in digital health in other departments at Duke. Check back here frequently for job and internship opportunities.
Analyst Programmer, Consultant
The mission of the Duke Digital Health Science Center is to foster the design, evaluation, and dissemination of digital health innovations for low-income populations, worldwide.
The Center is looking for a consultant Analyst Programmer (that’s software engineer in Duke-speak) who will design and manage digital health technologies for Center projects. We’re looking for a creative all-around programmer with strong Ruby skills and comfort with both back-and front-end development.
Work requires Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or computer science or a computer-related field or equivalent coursework or technical training.
- Experience in web and software development.
- Experience with RESTful API design, API integration (i.e., Fitbit, Twilio, Twitter, Facebook), Github, application security frameworks and security testing
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software; update software and design new features as needed
- Recommend and implement improvements to existing software programs
- Develop new software programs as needed
- Clearly and regularly communicate with cross-functional team members around the University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required
- 5+ years’ experience in web and software development
Please email your cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com. Please address it to the attention of Jamiyla Bolton, Sr. Research Program Leader, Duke Digital Health.
Student Research Assistants
The Duke Global Digital Health Science Center (Duke Digital Health) is seeking student Research Assistants to work on multiple digital health studies related to obesity and chronic disease. For a full list of our studies please visit http://www.dukedigitalhealth.org/about-us/research/.
We are looking for talented, hard-working and driven people–the best of the very best. We expect a high level of commitment to service and dedication from all of our volunteers and work-study staff. In return, you will receive valuable research experience and the opportunity to work with a rock star team.
If interested, please tell us a bit more about yourself by completing our survey: http://bit.ly/2wmXyHY.